Monday 12 August 2013

Toy Review - Novi Stars 'Curl N' Coil' Tily Vizon

Tily Vizon is my second Novi Stars purchase. My first was Alie Lectric, and I rushed to a near-by shop to buy her on the day she was released. Unfortunately I have to admit that I was disappointed by her. Visually she was so cute, and I loved the whole alien theme, but I was really sad to find out that she had literally no pose-ability, and found I couldn't really bond with her.

So when I saw pictures of Tily Vizon, and saw that she had a bit more pose-ability I was really excited and ran out to get her...


Sadly she still doesn't have any elbow or knee joints (which the promo picture really did make it look as though she had). However - the movement options have improved slightly with shoulder and thigh joints...woo!


Style-wise I absolutely adore this doll. I love the bright colours in her hair and outfit and her face is all kinds of beautiful...


Tily comes with a 'hair gimic' which I would normally avoid like the plague. But in this case the wires and funky hair really suit her style and blend in nicely with the robot theme.

The long silver strands of hair can be pulled tightly to form crazy silver curls (or coils!) ...


Her hair in generally is really nicely styled - she has quite a retro hair style going on. She also comes with what may be the coolest hair accessories ever - mini plug sockets!


Keeping her company is her faithful pet Telepuppy, who has a rotating head with different facial expressions to choose from:



In general I find Tily Vizon to be an unusual and beautiful doll, and I have no regrets in buying her. Do I wish they would add in more joints for some posing fun? Yes. That said - she is so quirky, and so much fun to photograph that I can forget that flaw and just enjoy her and her awesome style.



1 comment:

  1. You took great pictures of Tily! I had no idea she came with those cool surge-protector clips! Novi Stars may well be my favorite doll line this decade, it is a crying shame they are discontinuing them. The limited posability is not ideal, but it's no different from the toys I had as a kid. At least these have stands! And the concepts are far out wonderful. I think they are really interesting and well done.

    ReplyDelete