Sunday 4 August 2013

Toy Review - Pinkie Cooper

Never before have I been more unsure about a toy. Before seeing Pinkie 'in the plastic' I thought she was kinda weird but at the same time I was a wee bit interested in her (it may be time for me to accept that I like weird!).


So here she is...an anthropomorphic dog....wearing cat print clothing. And then it gets a little weirder as she comes with her pet...um...dog - Li'l Pinkie:


This Pinkie is from the Jet Set range and she's dressed ready for her holiday in Beverley Hills (Beverley Hills Chihuahua anyone?).


A nice feature of these dolls is that their ears can be removed (very easily) and swapped over. This means that for dual colour ears you can change the main focus of colour from blonde to brunette and vice versa - I haven't quite decided if I prefer my Pinkie as blonde or brunette.


Pinkie comes with a cute little outfit, including the glasses shown above and a pink handbag (which doesn't open...boo). While I think her outfit suits her I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to find some more neutral clothes for her to wear - I think it would really suit her colouring.

After my little photo shoot today my favourite photos by far have been those where there was no pink involved!



Nude, Pinkie has some nice shading on her arms and legs...


I didn't get a photo, but Pinkie also comes with a sticker advertising her holiday in Beverley Hills and a really pretty comb. Unfortunately there is no stand and I haven't found one that quite works for her yet.

I definitely think I'll be buying more Pinkie Cooper dolls. They have so much character and the potential for fun. I would have loved for them to have a bit more articulation but that's honestly my only complaint. I'm no longer unsure about what I think about Pinkie Cooper and her friends - I love them and need some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment