Sunday 23 June 2013

Toy Review - Monster High 13 Wishes Twyla

A trip to my local supermarket this morning brought with it a new purchase - Twyla from the Monster High 13 Wishes Line.

I haven't seen much love for Twyla around the fan community but have to say that after the initial 'Hmm, she looks kinda different...' I've fallen in love.

Twyla is the Daughter of The Boogey Man but with a cute twist as she tries to help people by capturing their nightmares so they only have sweet dreams. See? No need to fear the Boogey-Teen, she's just a little bit misunderstood.

Here's Twyla in all her loveliness...


She comes with the standard black stand, and more on the rest of her accessories later. Read on for more pictures and information...




One of the things that might be drawing me to this doll is her colour scheme - I adore the purple and turquoise together, so her hair and overall look are a total win for me. Her outfit in general is a bit non de-script but quite cute and she has some nice details including her earrings and bracelets (including a dream catcher on her wrist). The silver details on her legs and the silver shading on her arms are a really nice touch.



Her hair was a hideous and sticky mess when I first got her out of the packaging so these photos are the result of a quick run under the tap (but with no styling - I totally need to learn how to style hair!). Her fringe definitely needs some work, and I'd love to get a bit more of a wave into the hair, but the colour is gorgeous.

One of the most striking things about Twyla (and maybe the reason some people aren't warming to her) is that her face-up is really quite different to a lot of the other MH girls. She looks really...well...sad.


Through taking some photos of her I've really grown to love her eyes and mouth. At first I thought her eyes were a bit vacant, but a few snaps later and I've changed my mind - there's definitely some expression going on in her face.

Twyla's pet may be my absolute favourite (controversial!). Dustin the Dust Bunny is just too cute...


Here's a close up of Dustin and Twyla's other accessories:


Twyla's bag wins points for being able to open (solid plastic bags which don't open are a pet peeve of mine, I have no idea why!), her earrings are adorable little door knobs and are so perfect for her theme. He shoes are probably my least favourite part, but the tiny spiders hanging from the laces win them some points.

Twyla is a really lovely addition to the MH family...her theme and background are well thought through and with a little bit of hair-based skill I think she could be beautiful, so all in all I'm really happy with my new addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment