Sunday 30 June 2013

Vintage Love

I have a little stash if vintage dolls and toys which are either remnants of my childhood in the 1980's (that so ages me!) or I've bought since in a moment of nostalgia and thought I would start sharing pics of my collection here.

This girl isn't my actual childhood doll but I bought her a little while back as, without a doubt, she was one of my favourite dolls - Blueberry Muffin from Strawberry Shortcake.


My only sadness comes from the fact that this Blueberry Muffin doesn't have her adorable little shoes, so I'm always scouring eBay for a pair! Apart from that there is nothing that I don't love about this doll - her lovely stripy tights... Her little face of cuteness...


And don't even get me started on her sidekick Cheesecake...


I would love to get an actual Strawberry Shortcake to keep her company.

For all the new toys and dolls I buy, nothing is ever as precious as my vintage collections xx

1 comment:

  1. These old Strawberry Shortcake dolls have about the same posability as the Novi Stars. I guess that is why, when everyone else is complaining about them not being posable, it doesn't really bother me. When I was a kid, I remember it was a huge deal when Barbie started to have arms that could move out SIDEWAYS, not just up and down, lol.
    I agree, vintage dolls are no less awesome, even with all the great new ones nowadays.

    ReplyDelete